The winners of the Australian 2019 RCSA Industry Awards were announced at a red tie affair in Sydney last night in front of a record number of attendees.
Australian comedy favourite Tom Gleeson was MC of the event, which raised much needed funding for Fivers4Survivors.
Seamus Scanlon from Davidson was named Recruitment Professional of the Year after starting in the sector in 2011. He says he is passionate about supporting people in their careers and workplaces. Seamus has also been integral to Davidson’s Top 50 Public Sector Women Awards.
Rising Star of the Year went to Precision Sourcing Australia's Jay Wynter and Recruitment Leader of the Year was awarded to David Stewart FRCSA from Recruitment Solutions, NSW Business Chamber.
“I am incredibly proud of the job that we do and the positive impact we have on people’s lives,” David said. “That’s what gives me my purpose and satisfaction.”
Aspect Personnel was named the winner of the Corporate Social Responsibility Award. Two employees of the company volunteer weekly at St Mary’s House of Welcome cooking and serving breakfast to the homeless. The company last year collected and helped distribute more than 3,000 Christmas gifts for children and was a founding partner of the Meet A Recruiter initiative.
In the last year, Aspect Personnel has spent 800 hours on CSR initiatives, partnered with 17 charities and donated or helped raised $68,346 for worthy causes.
Ami Flowers, a Senior Recruitment Consultant with SustainHealth Recruitment was nominated for the Rising Star of the Year Award, but instead took home the People’s Choice Award. There were nearly 1,400 votes casted for the award this year.
The full list of Australian winners is:
• Winner of the TechXpo Pitchfest - SmartAI
• Business Innovation of the Year - Timberwolf Planting Pty Ltd (AWX Pty Ltd)
• CSR Excellence Award - Aspect Personnel
• Excellence in Candidate Care - SMAART Recruitment
• Excellence in Client Service - Kelly Services
• Excellence in Safety and Risk Management - PROGRAMMED
• Operational Excellence - HorizonOne Recruitment
• Recruitment Leader of the Year - David Stewart FRCSA, Recruitment Solutions, NSW Business Chamber
• Recruitment Professional of the Year - Seamus Scanlon, Davidson
• Rising Star of the Year - Jay Wynter, Precision Sourcing Australia